Saturday, January 29, 2011
1. Marriage is hard even when it's great. You have to work at it all the time.
2. Having a baby is much harder that you would think it is.
3. Infertility sucks.
4. I have the best husband humanly possible.
5. I am quite possibly the happiest I have ever been- even on my worst day.
Friday, January 28, 2011
JC dropped off his business this morning so now the wait begins for the results. Those are the important ones. Already having internal panic that all these drugs that he's been taking will have left him with not even a single swimmer. Please let me be wrong.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
The important thing about tomorrow is JC's 3rd SA. This is our only shot at getting from IVF to IUI. While I would LOVE to get there...I think it's pretty much impossible. But if for some medical miracle that we can get there- it's all based on tomorrow's results. So all you out there in internet land...cross your fingers and toes for me. I need sperm with capes. And lots of them.
Glass Half Full, right?? If I keep saying it, maybe I'll finally start to believe it. Ha!
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
So yesterday I had a TOTAL crap day at work. I spent my entire drive home getting myself nice and fired up about it. I got home to find a little package waiting for me. And this was inside.
It's a paperweight. Seems simple, yes? But can you read that? It says "You deserve what you want." Exactly what I needed at exactly the right time. What was even better was that it came with a note that made all the bad of the day go away.
Sars- If you're out there- I love you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Now onto the rules that come with receiving this award.
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered new bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award.
SOooo...Here are 7 interesting-ish things about me:
1. I haven't seen my toes without polish on them in at least 10 years. Probably longer.
2. I have an odd fear of birds. If you have one in your house, I probably won't go inside.
3. Strawberries are my favorite fruit.
4. I like bananas but hate banana flavored things.
5. I can't wash my hands without putting lotion on afterward. I carry it around with me in my purse and have large quantities at home and at work.
6. I'm dying to go back to Europe- Spain and Italy especially.
7. I hate all the food that is part of Thanksgiving dinner. I usually make homemade mac & cheese and just have that.
I award the following bloggers!
1. CatahoulaMom at Life as a 'houla Mom
2. MillerTime at Taking You Home
3. Jenn at A Day in the Life of Jenn
4. Lovey at No Day But Today
5. Megan at Sex Ed Didn't Teach Me THAT!
Ok- so I only did 5, but I'm picky!
Monday, January 24, 2011
Except my thyroid levels. 4.91. Yikes.
So I really have no one to blame for this but myself. I kind of just stopped my thryoid meds when I ran out of refills and never tried to have it filled again. SO bad of me, I know. It was such a cluster last year when the prescription ran out that I just kind of let it fall by the wayside.
So now more blood work is in store for me.
Sunday, January 23, 2011
1. I used to smoke. Gross, right? I wish I never started.
2. I completely stopped going to the gym when I met JC. It was like I couldn't waste time at the gym when I could be spending time with him. I shouldn't have stopped. It's impossible to start again.
3. Whenever you experience a profound loss- like with my father- I think it's impossible not to have regret about your relationship or your experience with that person. So of course- I always wonder if my father really knew if I loved him or understood me or knew how important he was to me. Never having these questions answered was hard for me to deal with soon after his death.