Photobucket

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Coming Out of the Closet

I had a great weekend. It's been a while since I really had a great weekend. The events of late have really weighed on my mind and all of our activities center around appointments or preparation of some kind. It's draining.

I spent this weekend with three girls I went to high school with. One of them is one of my very best and oldest friends. We also went to college together and are still very close. The other two I lost track of along the way. We managed to reconnect over the very sad event of the passing of one girl's husband. So this weekend- we spent catching up. In one way, it makes me sad that I lost all those years of being friends with them. But on the other hand it makes me happy to be friends with them again. My high school friends are like coming home. They know the better version of me (in my opinion...). The non-crazy college drunk version of me. I guess that is what makes it so nice to spend time with them.

On my way to see them- I had an internal debate about telling them about IVF. JC is 110% against telling anyone. But I think that is his bruised male ego talking. My "Do I come out of the Infertility Closet" debate with myself ended when I realized that these people are not going to judge me. They will tell me that they hope that things work out for me and that empathize with my situation. Delicious desserts, good wine and conversation aside- THAT is why I had a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment