1. Pictures of numbers from 1 through 10 are not as cool as this cat with badasslazerz. Just sayin.
2. This is my 250th blog post. When I started this blog, I thought for sure by now I'd be posting about my kid.
3. We just booked a trip to Charleston, SC for Thanksgiving. That's right- we're bailing on having Thanksgiving with our families. And I'm kind of excited about that. We're calling it our "anniversary" trip, but really- we're dodging Thanksgiving.
4. We spent all day Sunday with my 6 year old niece and 3 year old nephew. I'm still exhausted. We had a long conversation on the way home from dropping them off that maybe just one kid would be nice.
5. My little 18 month old nephew James spent the weekend in the hospital with RSV. Sadness. He's fine now, but kind of scary.
6. I'm desperate to wean myself off Starbucks. I've been spending too much money and too many calories on Grande Toffee Nut Lattes. Even though they are yummy. Goodbye Starbucks Gold Card. I'll miss you.
7. I'm making plans this week to meet one of my most favorite eFriends, Heather (MySweetBaboo). She's traveling my way for Thanksgiving and I'm dying to meet her. She is amazeballs and I can't wait to hug her, as cheesy as that sounds.
8. I wish I could be one of those people who started Christmas shopping uber early and was done super early. Except I'm not and then I curse myself when I'm fighting through people a week before Christmas. I'm determined not to be that girl this year. Must.Start.Shopping.
9. I'm becoming an Etsy junkie. I love buying from Etsy. I have so many favorites. I lurve it.
10. Last Saturday was Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I spent the day thinking of my friends who have experienced loss and remembering their little ones. Lots of elove to my Angels Charlotte and Adam.
This weekend J and I took our niece and nephew to the Maryland Renaissance Festival. After all my time growing up in Maryland, I've never been to the Ren Fest. And now I know why.
I'm not into Renaissance Festival stuff. I don't like to dress up and drink grog and eat things off sticks. It was fun to bring the kids- we did pony rides and face painting. We got to be the totally awesome Aunt and Uncle who will buy you stuff, load you with sugar, and then send you home to Mom and Dad!
We've been telling Max for a while now that he couldn't come on our fun adventures until he was sporting some big boy pants. Aunt Kathy and Uncle J don't do diapers! So he's about 2 months deep on the potty training and all out of diapers. It was our first outing with Max. Well the Ren Fest has no indoor plumbing- it's a 100% porta-potty kinda place. Max had never used a porta potty before and 100% REFUSED to even try. He wanted nothing to do with it. I even made J go in and "show" him how it's done. But no dice. We had to leave and take him to a Burger King. ha ha
The strangest part was driving around with two kids seats strapped into our car. All I could do was think about how I wanted them to be mine.