Photobucket

Friday, July 8, 2011

Free Dinner? OK!

My friend D (from THIS post) offered to make me dinner tonight- an offer that from anyone except her, I would have politely turned down. Part of the low iodine diet is just having control over what's in your food. And some people don't understand how strict the diet actually is so I would be too nervous that they wouldn't follow all the rules. But D has been through TWO rounds of Radiation Iodine. She is a low iodine PRO. Her ThyCa cookbook is well worn in and dog-eared.

She made us:
Pork Carnitas
Fresh Salsa
Candied Almonds
Chocolate Pudding Cake
Fresh Applesauce

This is the best gift anyone could ever give me these days! I didn't have to cook a thing and got to take all the leftovers home. I have the best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment