So what I learned this year was...
1. Cancer sucks. It's scary- even when the prognosis is excellent.
2. Despite my independence, if anything were to happen to my husband, I would be useless. He is so intertwined with me now that I'm not sure I would ever want to function without him.
3. I am done doing things for the sole purpose of obligation. There's GOT to be a better reason than that. I don't always accomplish this, but I'm getting better at it.
4. J and I have an excellent 5 year plan in place. We are great at making decisions together.
5. I'm committed in the upcoming year to find some new hobbies.
6. My job is just a thing that provides me with a paycheck and fuels the 5 year plan. If I didn't need money, I would quit today with no regrets.
7. As much as I hate to admit it, I kind of love South Park.
8. Infertility is terrible. It's unfair. It's terrifying. I hope that one day I can see the other side of that coin.
9. The older I get, the more I am able to appreciate my mother and all she has done for me.
10. More and more, I understand that life never seems to go as planned.