Photobucket

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

New Job?

I've decided that I need a new job.

I work for a verrrry small (like 35-ish employees) company. I came to work here a year ago and when I did- I loved working for a small company. Don't get me wrong- I like my job. But now everything in my life has changed. IVF happened, and then Cancer happened. And it has really made me think about my benefits. I realized that I have no short term disability benefits. So next week when I'm out because of having surgery- I won't be paid. I'm technically not even covered by FMLA. And all of that is making me more and more nervous.

So now I'm actually PAYING to have cancer. Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry Kathy, that really just sucks. It's hard to think that anyone has to put a price on their health. As if you don't have to worry enough to worry about, now money has to make it's way in to the equation. It is all so unfair. ((hugs))

    (Ya Never Know)

    ReplyDelete