Photobucket

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Whackadoodle Doctor

I hadn't had a physical in quite some time so a friend of mine recommended a new GP doc to me- she had a really good experience with them- so I figured I would try them out. I get my physical and really like the nurse practitioner. She discovered through blood work that my thyroid is under active and put me on Synthroid. Ok- good. I go back 8 weeks later for blood work in anticipation of my follow up appointment. I go back a week later for the appointment and the office is shut down. Just closed. Like TOTALLY shut down. FOR THREE WEEKS. No explanation or note on the door or message on the phone. Nothing. Awesome customer service, huh? My next problem was that my prescription was only going to last me so long and the office was now holding my lab results hostage. I *finally* just got in touch with them yesterday. My TSH levels are down from 4.6 to 3.9, but not far enough. Ideally they should be as close to 1 as possible. So she increased the Synthroid and I go back in 6 weeks. YEAH RIGHT. So they can be closed again?!? The hunt for a new doctor is on, but at least there is progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment