Photobucket

Sunday, July 7, 2013

I swear I'm alive.

And still pregnant. It's just not until recently until I can stay awake long enough to do anything productive.

I've been so anxious about this baby. Do you tell or do you not tell? How do you have any idea if things are going ok in there? You're just counting the minutes until the next ultrasound and trying not to go totally insane.

I had to find a new OB cause I moved. So I did that and turns out that I kind of love him. And he's kinda cute too. That helps. He made me feel like things would be ok. Gave me a pap and said I'll see you in four weeks. Um, what? 4 WHOLE WEEKS? I'm totes used to Le Baby Factory where they talk to you daily. I don't do well with 4 weeks in between. Gah!

So to ease the pain of the wait- I ordered a doppler. Except then I could never find the heartbeat. And the anxiety got worse. J FINALLY found it for me about two days before the NT Scan. PHEW. I scheduled my NT Scan and first trimester screening for Friday July 5th. I had the day off so we headed to the MFM. The ultrasound was ah-maz-ing. No more is the babe a blob or a gummy bear looking creature, but it looks like a for serious baby. And you could see everything. Little heart beating away. Arms and legs wiggling around. Unreal. All of that going on inside my body while I don't feel a thing. Just unreal. We had great measurements and now just waiting for blood work to come back. The MFM likes to monitor IVF patients (and told me he knows that I'm going through ultrasound withdrawal) so he's having me come back at 16 weeks just for a growth scan. Thank you sweet baby jebus. I would hate to have to wait till 20 weeks. Nightmare.

Anyway- I'm doing great. We've told the world about the baby. And I'll blog again. Pinky swear.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear all is well. You get to just be a boring ol' pregnant lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear things are going so well. :) It really is just a surreal experience, I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete