Photobucket

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I've been ignoring Thankful Thursday and I really need to stop doing that.

I had dinner tonight with the girl from high school that I bumped into at the RE's office. She emailed me and asked if I would meet her. She told me her IF story. She's had two separate 2nd trimester miscarriages, a surgery to remove scar tissue from a semi-botched D&C, and is now going through IF treatments. She has told no one except her parents and her husband about her losses. She has not a single person to talk to about all of this. She hides from pregnant people and has trouble being around even her baby nephew.

And as I sat and listened to her- I realized that I can't even imagine what she's gone through. It's terrible. Really, really terrible. And then I just felt like such a whiner. Sometimes I need to shut up and quit whining. Everyone is fighting their own battle. Some have it easier than me and some don't. I need to be thankful for the fact that even though my cycle may be delayed- We have a real shot at having children. And I'm lucky to have that shot. I'm thankful for my chance.

I really hope she has her chance too.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think you're whining for complaining/being sad about IF. From being on TB, you're actually one of the few that I really look up to because you're so supportive and hardly ever complain about your struggles. I think all of us dealing with IF have been dealt a shitty hand and it makes it much easier when you have people around you that "get it." I'm glad that you're friend was able to find that today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone DOES have their own struggles, but you can only experience and battle your own. Comparing your pain and heartache to someone else's doesn't make it hurt any less. But it does help to have perspective sometimes.

    It sounds like you've made a good connection with this friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't beat yourself up about it! I bet she was greateful to have found someone to talk to about it - pat yourself on the back for being able to be that person for her.

    ReplyDelete