Photobucket

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 4: Your Parents


This is my Mom. She would be mortified if she knew I was putting her on the internet. She would think it would immediately lead to some type of identity theft. While not awesome at adapting to technology, she is the BEST mother. I was fortunate enough to have a mother that was a Stay-at-home-mom. She was there when we left for school, and when we got home. She made dinner every night. She came to all of our stuff at school. I was so lucky to have that. And now that my sister and I are grown up- she is the same. She makes us dinner when we visit, she comes to all our important events. She lives and dies for my sister and I. She has always supported me no matter what I have done. I can never repay her for what she has given me.
I wish I had a picture of my father, but that was all before the digital age and I don't have any scanned. My Dad was hilarious. He was so social and friendly. He was sarcastic and witty. And now that I'm older, I love to listen to his friends tell me all the stories that were "not appropriate" for my then younger ears. It's hard to believe that he's been gone 16 years. I can still remember that day like it was yesterday- what I was wearing, who was there at the accident scene. All of it. Thankfully now I am mostly left with the good parts of my Father. The way he supported my mother and us, the stories from his friends. And I know that I have people in my life that will help JC and our children know these parts too.

No comments:

Post a Comment